Monday, December 20, 2010

Icicle dog

Well Gus had to go swimming and his coat froze on our walk, did over 3.5 miles today again and then went shopping for groceries, I have a turkey ordered and bought a ham which I’ll bake with marmalade and cloves. This kitchen has a big range with 2 ovens so it will be great for cooking Christmas day. I don’t have a microwave unfortunately but I may get one before Christmas.
P1020297
P1020295
P1020296
One good thing about my forest walks here is that there are no snakes or bears in the woods
polar bears
lough Moore

I just had a long hot bath, I thought googleing "why is a hot bath so satisfying" ? might direct me to information on how it reverts you back to how things were in the womb or summat but nope it just gave me, "Generally, heat quiets and soothes the body, slowing down the activity of internal organs. Cold, in contrast, stimulates and invigorates, increasing internal activity. If you are experiencing tense muscles and anxiety from your stress, a hot shower or bath is in order. If you are feeling tired and stressed out, you might want to try taking a warm shower or bath followed by a short, invigorating cold shower to help stimulate your body and mind.When you submerge yourself in a bath, a pool, or a whirlpool, you experience a kind of weightlessness. Your body is relieved from the constant pull of gravity. Water also has a hydrostatic effect. It has a massage-like feeling as the water gently kneads your body. Water, in motion, stimulates touch receptors on the skin, boosting blood circulation and releasing tight muscles.

No comments: