Tuesday, November 15, 2011

crabs

Well I got 6 brown crabs for 5 Euro yesterday from a French seafood processor that has a plant down near the old coastguard station that I have swum the dogs at a few times, I popped in last week and asked if they would sell me some but 5 Euro is really reasonable as they were good heavy big crabs. I made crab and sweetcorn soup and crab spaggatini, crab meat, spagetti, garlic, chilli, lemon zest and juice, parmazan and parsley. My Granny used to process boxes full of crabs, after doing six I have the utmost respect for the effort required.


High tide is around 8 am so I should go swim the dogs and maybe give John a shake when I get back, the car computer showed 2 km left in the petrol tank lol in the old days I could free wheel the landrover down to the crossroads but now the cars steering and brakes are assisted by the engine running so it would be awkward to say the least to try it now.

No comments: