Saturday, December 10, 2011

Huricaine force winds

I gave my Dad a weather station last Christmas and it didnt survive the Huricaine force winds they had yesterday they are also without power for the last 24 hours and the news had this to say "More than 70,000 homes and businesses are still without power in Scotland after hurricane force winds swept through the country. Some residents have been warned it could be Sunday before their power is eventually restored because engineers are being hampered by blizzards and ice." http://news.sky.com/home/uk-news/article/16125967?d96a349c52fc4f68eea46a47ccb3d360=

Here I had very strong gales yesterday and water got in my patio doors and soaked the carpet, it has obviously happened before as the wood below the carpet there has rot in it and the carpet has had a section replaced. I was cosy enough with a big fire going right enough. Tonight is colder and calm and I have hung some Christmas decorations up so it feels the part. Angie gets home around 0200 tomorrow morning so I shall try and stay up till she gets home. Mind you its only 1830 and I dare say by 2200 my eyes will be closing lol.

No comments: