Monday, August 27, 2012

A hurricane a lion and two years in a tent

Well I was feeling a bit sorry for myself this morning untill I saw the poor souls that have just been buffeted in Haiti, by hurricaine Isaac, most of who are still living in makeshift tents after their homes were destroyed two years ago. It shows the rift between developed countries and third world ones when I remember the amount of discord there was in Sydney when people couldnt get their tiles / roofs repaired for a couple of weeks after the hailstorm there, because of insurance backups and lack of tradesmen. Isaac is heading for Florida now On the seventh anniversary of the hurricane that devastated New Orleans.

A lion is roaming around Essex, if you ask me it's a great spot to import more of them, that accent grrrrrr, every time I hear someone on the x factor auditions say they are an Essex girl or guy I hope like mad that they sing like a Sylvester Stallone x with a seal and don't make it. Sorry to the loads of lovely Essex folks out there but why don't you gag those "any way is Essex"  "real people in modified situations, saying unscripted lines but in a structured way." pfftt.

It's blowing hard here today, bit like me ehh, and I have put a fire on, the shed is running low in peat so I bought some of those pressed peat bricks which seem to burn well and give off a decent heat, they worked out at three euros a block which should last a day in the burner and longer if I use wood as well so they aren't too bad, a bag of smokeless coal here costs 17 euros. It's good to be getting the hot water from the fire not just heating in the one room. 

No comments: