Friday, October 5, 2012

Dog Psychology

Well its a joy to watch a puppy interacting with my two older dogs, Jessy the eldest and only female dog in the pack was having great fun racing him round the garden through the trees over hedges under stuff and round in tight circles earlier and now we are back inside dodging a shower he is slapping his front paws on the floor and dancing round her to try and get her to do the same chase inside. He is scared of the car for some reason, maybe he accosiates it with being dumped so I didnt insist he come with us for a swim this morning but it wouldnt have been fair for the other two to miss out so we left him in the porch I suppose the obvious way to get him to trust the car again is to make every time he goes in it a pleasurable experience, the other two as soon as I say "in the car" go crazy with excitement. Gus is not quite as enamoured with the new guy but puts up with him fine.

I am feeding them seperate from the pup as he is very skinny and gulping down his food then trying to get theirs which is a recipie for a fight, I read somewhere that getting malnourished animals back to prime health again needs a bit of thought you cant just dive in there and feed them as much as they can eat straight away so he gets small feeds often throughout the day with added extras like egg and cheese instead of a big feed at night which is what the other two are used to, they have been having smaller than normal feeds twice a day as well.

There was a call from the owner of Ross Castle yesterday that I missed but she was singing my praises to Angie about how much she likes her new website, its not "live" yet as I havent finalised with her if there is any more info to go on it but you can view the test site on my server at http://www.galwaysitedesign.com/ross/ another one I have nearly finished is for a wee guest house in Oughterard its also on the server at http://www.galwaysitedesign.com/fougheast/ others I am working on are http://www.galwaysitedesign.com/breizon/ and http://www.windowsgalway.ie/ any comments are welcome as pages look different on different browsers.

I had a call from a bloke in Dublin the other day asking about website design, he wanted a small site for his business with the capacity to buy items from him using paypal to pay, I quoted a really reasonable E200 to which he told me I was too dear, on asking him how much he expected to pay he said could I do it for E45, I spilt my coffee, luckily it didnt get on the laptop. I spend perhaps 10 - 20 hours getting a site right which equates to between 10 and 20 Euros an hour. To get a decent trademan to lay some flooring or make an archway would cost me twice that at least per hour, so I told him he should shop around a bit.  

No comments: