Thursday, January 2, 2014

Happy New Year

A Happy New Year to one and all, hopefully 2014 will be better than 2013 was. I think I will remember 2013 as the year of the ankle, as Gail, George and myself all had injuries to the ankle this last year. It was also a bad year for diagnosis of cancers in my family and friends so hopefully this year will see remissions and people getting better.

Alan and I went to the pub last night, me in the kilt on crutches and lots of people were chatty. My left arm is giving me gip and makes the use of the crutches and even the zimmer frame almost unbearably sore so I am getting around on an office chair with castors like some sort of demented crab. It going to be a long 7 weeks being housebound. Alan is stockpiling logs for me in the porch and close to the house so they will be easier to get when I am on my own and he repaired a leaking join in a water pipe under the ground outside.

I have just finished writing to the Department of the Environment, Community and Local Government as they are asking for submissions regarding the wind energy guidelines and the minimum distances turbines can be from homes. I use Open Office writer as my word processor as it is free and has all the same features as Microsoft Word has, but I,m not positive that the spell checker has worked properly as either my spelling has improved immensely or it is on strike.

No comments: