Friday, June 6, 2014

'He painted Matchstick Men'



A one hit wonder from the 1970s was 'He painted Matchstick Men' by Brian and Michael, yep I had to Google that fact, anyway the song was about the artist Lowry who is famous for painting scenes of life in the industrial districts of North West England in the mid-20th century. He developed a distinctive style of painting and is best known for his urban landscapes peopled with human figures often referred to as "matchstick men".

I have my own artistic flair and it has manifested itself in creation of pine cone sheep. I am hoping that these will be a huge success rivalling the onion patch dolls and take off worldwide mind you if they do I shall quickly run out of pine cones. There are dozens of cones lying around so I was looking for something to do with them, the sheep idea came to my mind as we have a few NZ visitors come to Ireland and I knew they couldn't resist them, it would be like having a sculpture done of your girlfriend ehh. Hopefully I have some googly eyes coming in the post today thanks to Ebay and I can extend my sheep making into owls as well, saving on the cotton wool as well as enhancing the experience for my New Zealand friends :)





No comments: