Friday, August 15, 2014

do it yourself Donkey

Every wall in Connemara should have a donkey looking out over it and a lot do. Unfortunately due to vets bills, feeding and shortage of a stable I'm not allowed one, however I have a chainsaw so I made one anyway
"to practice any art, no matter how well or badly, is a way to make your soul grow. So do it." - Kurt Vonnegut-
The cattle grid at the gate got reflective parrot and seahorse as well, so those of us (Angie) who have to get out of bed before dawn will have reflective pillars to avoid.



 Had a wee bonfire yesterday and it is still smoldering away today even after the rain we had last night. I also had a burst water main outside so that was my first job this morning repairing that, I shall have my plumber friend have a look on Saturday to advise me on the best way to lag the metal joiners as they freeze quickly in the winter.

Ron is driving through tomorrow so fishing is on the cards and the weather is bonny again so it could be a good couple of hours out on the water if its not too windy.

Doing a fish pie recipe I saw on Jamie Olivers cheap meals show the other night for the first time so that should be interesting, the mashed potato topping has mashed peas, butter and lemon zest through it and is peaked so it browns better. Frozen salmon and cod cooked in milk with some wee prawns , spinach, onions and carrots and the milk the fish was cooked in to make a sauce. Easy peasy.

No comments: