Friday, November 21, 2014

Glorious winter day

Well today has been gorgeous, got my grass cut for the last time this year and various other tasks in the garden and it was a beautiful day calm and clear blue skies. There has been a patch of fog lieing in the glen across from us that you might see in one of the photos I have below, it has been there all day, at first light the river had a band of mist along it too as the water temp must have been higher than the air temp but that soon cleared.

 
In the picture below you can see the bamboo / cane now, it used to be behind a huge dogwood stand which we ripped out last week, the dark area on the ground is where it used to cover. I will let it grow back as the colours are nice in the Winter but will keep it small this time so the brambles don't grow through it.
 
 
Most of the leaves are down now and my pond needs to be emptied of them, good job for my next helper ehh.
 
 
 

No comments: